Peng WEI [CV]
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (by courtesy)
Department of Computer Science (by courtesy)
School of Engineering and Applied Science
George Washington University
I am an associate professor in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the George Washington University, with courtesy appointments at Electrical and Computer Engineering Department and Computer Science Department. By contributing to the intersection of control, optimization, machine learning, and artificial intelligence, I develop autonomy and certification tools for aviation, aeronautics and aerial robotics. My current focus is on safety, efficiency, and scalability of decision making systems in complex, uncertain and dynamic environments. I am leading the Intelligent Aerospace Systems Lab (IASL). I am an AIAA Associate Fellow. I serve as an associate editor for AIAA Journal of Aerospace Information Systems, and the chairman of the AIAA Air Transportation Systems Technical Committee. I received my Ph.D. degree in Aerospace Engineering from Purdue University in 2013. Here is my latest CV.
- Aug. 2023, I started my sabbatical leave visiting UC Berkeley.
- Jul. 2023, I gave seminar talks at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) and Tsinghua University.
- Jun. 2023, I visited UK to attend AAMAS 2023. I gave seminar talks at King's College London and Cranfield University.
- Apr. 2023, Shulu has won the Best Paper Award at the Air Traffic Control Association (ATCA) Tech Symposium.
- Mar. 2023, postdoc researcher Pouria Razzaghi will join Metis Technology as a Principal Systems Engineer. He will start working at NASA Ames Research Center in May.
- Feb. 2023, Wei Guo defended his PhD dissertation "Safe and Trustworthy Deep Reinforcement Learning for Aircraft Separation Assurance". He is joining Amazon as an Applied Scientist.
- Feb. 2023, I was invited to give seminar talks at Arizona State University, MIT, and Missouri S&T.
- Aug. 2022, I co-organized the AI Safety and Certification Workshop for Aviation Systems with Aerospace Industries Association (AIA). The participants include experts from the FAA, NASA, Stanford University, MIT Lincoln Lab, MITRE, Boeing, Collins Aerospace, Honeywell Aerospace, Joby Aviation, Xwing, Reliable Robotics, Wisk, Merlin Labs, Northrop Grumman, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems.
- Jul. to Aug. 2022, I was invited to do a 1-month research visit at Ecole Nationale de l'Aviation Civile (ENAC) in Toulouse, France. I also had chances meeting with colleagues from ONERA, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), EUROCONTROL and OpenAirlines.
- Jun. 2022, I was invited to visit TU Delft Faculty of Aerospace Engineering in Netherlands.
800 22nd St NW
Washington, DC 20052
Tel: (202) 994-0895